Get Notified Of Future Episodes:
10 Rules to live an awesome and authentic life.
Hey, welcome to the podcast. So, today, this is my first episode since the New Year period, so it’s good to get back into it. And today, I’ve got 10 rules, which you can live your life by to make 2018 an awesome year. So, let’s get started.
- Number One, wake up an hour earlier on each day for a year. And by doing this, you’ll get an extra 365 hours in your day, and if you work on what you’re most passionate about, work on your business, being more productive, you’ll make significant results towards that. And also, some of you go to bed earlier because what I’d like to know it’s really hard to be productive because you’re tired, you’re not thinking at your best. So if you go to bed earlier, get up an hour earlier, then you’ll be more productive.
- Number two, take the stairs. So, this is just part of being more active. Be conscious of your basic habits, and just take the stairs, and it will have great improvements to your health and your life in general.
- Number three, turn off your phone in the company of others. So, really, when you’re spending time with other people, you should be spending time with them, not staring at your phone, and if you can’t appreciate that time, then you really need to re-evaluate your goals and if that person is worth your time.
- Number four, spend more time with your family. Now, I suppose I’m lucky because I get on well with my family, but you really need to prioritize your social networks to spend more time with family, and because, really, they’ll always care about you. It may not seem that way sometimes, but they’ll always care about you and they want the best for you. And they’re your family so try and spend more time with your family and establish those bonds or reinforce them.
- Keep a journal. So, writing about things that made you happy in the last 24 hours lets you re-live that happiness. And in the journal, you can also keep track of things, just on your mind you’ve been thinking about. I do this just before I go to bed and so it’s good to write that down there and also it prepares me for what I want to do the next day.
- Next, don’t compare yourself to other people, just be yourself. So, I mean, there’s a saying that goes something like, “Just be the best version of yourself,” something like that. I suppose I should’ve prepared that quote. But, you know, really, every person is unique and it’s common for people to compare themselves to others, but you can never really be like other people, so just be yourself, be the best version of you, and just don’t compare yourself.
- Live without regret, and never look back. So, remove from your vocabulary the could have, would have, should have, and stop living in the past. Just move forward, and focus on achieving great things in the present, and what you wanna do in the future.
- Just focus on being healthy. Don’t think about losing weight. Just focus on being healthy, and think about what you’re putting into your body, and always make time to exercise. So, I exercise three times a week. I go to a cross-fit gym, but, really, you have to be doing something at least three times a week, ideally, every day, if you can fit that in. Light exercise or strenuous exercise, you have to do something several times a week.
- Now, if you hate your job, you simply need to quit your job or if that’s a bit drastic for you, you need to find a different way to support yourself so you can have fun in your work. Because remember, if you love your work, then it’s not really work, it’s just something that you do and something that you’re passionate about. I mean, you might even surprise yourself about what you can do if you really have to change.
- And finally, leave your country, or leave your hometown, and visit an exotic location or travel to a different part of the world. And you know, it’ll just give you a different aspect of life. Traveling there, not just for a quick holiday to see all the sights on a tour bus. That’s really a superficial level. It’ll be good to go somewhere for several weeks, three or four weeks, even longer is better. And if you don’t have the money to do that, then consider like charity work to do that. That way you can stay there at low-cost, maybe even free, and some pringus[SP] might even sponsor you.
All right. So, I hope you find that top 10 list useful. And if you got any comments, just leave them in the comment box below. Thanks a lot. Bye.